Classic Caramel Apples are a perfect treat for your Fall Wedding!
Learn how to make them yourself here:
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Candy thermometer
- 6 decorative lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly to remove all the wax.
- Heat a medium nonstick saucepan over low to medium heat and add the granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water. Do not stir; just allow the ingredients to melt and boil together. Cook until the caramel is a light golden amber and a candy thermometer registers 230 degrees, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until smooth, then allow the caramel to cool until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Insert lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks into the stem end of six apples. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip the apples into the caramel to coat and allow the excess caramel to drip off. Roll in topping of your selection if desired, then stand on the baking sheet to dry.
by: Chef Louise Mellor